Attention SEACSM Student Minority Members: Apply for a $600 Grant
The purpose of the SEACSM Leadership and Diversity Training Program (LDTP) is to encourage SEACSM student members from minority groups underrepresented in the sciences to participate in activities that will lead to increased ACSM service, enhanced pathways to degree completion, and successful mentored experiences. A participant may only participate in the program for one year. These awards are for $600 each.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of a racial or ethnic minority group that is underrepresented in the sciences by the NIH: American Indian or Alaska Native, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
- Be a citizen, citizen national or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be currently enrolled in a program in sports medicine, exercise science, epidemiology, or a related field.
- Be presenting at the SEACSM Annual Meeting for which you are applying.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Your completed and signed application form will be evaluated for merit, completeness, and professional presentation. The application will be available in the fall.
- A brief description (1000 words maximum) on how this award will help you and your future plans to contribute to ACSM and SEACSM.
- A current Curriculum Vitae.
- Two references must be provided. A letter of recommendation and an evaluation form must be completed by both references.