The gold standard certification since 1975.
Your certification says a lot about you. When you choose an ACSM certification, your clients know you value quality and refuse to settle for anything but the best. They know you’re knowledgeable and qualified to serve their unique needs. They know you’re committed to professional excellence. Because you chose an ACSM certification, your clients know you’re the best their money can buy.
Certifications offer something for everyone.
More than 20,000 professionals worldwide are ACSM certified, proof positive that ACSM offers the finest health fitness, clinical and specialty certifications. Three intuitive categories help you find the right certification to match your professional needs.
Health Fitness Certifications
- ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise SpecialistSM (CES) -- Clinical Exercise Specialists typically work with clients who have, or are at risk of developing, cardiovascular, pulmonary or metabolic disease.
- ACSM Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist® (RCEP) -- Clinical Exercise Physiologists assist clients being treated by a physician for cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, orthopedic, neuromuscular or immunological disease. This is considered ACSM’s most prestigious credential.
- ACSM/ACS Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer (CET) -- Cancer Exercise Trainers train individuals affected by cancer, using understanding of cancer diagnoses, treatments, side effects and more.
- ACSM/NCPAD Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer (CIFT) -- Inclusive Fitness Trainers lead individuals with physical, sensory or cognitive disabilities through safe, adapted exercise.
- ACSM/NSPAPPH Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist (PAPHS) -- Physical Activity in Public Health Specialists promote physical activity in public health at national, state and local levels.
Want to get certified? Visit the ACSM certification website for details on requirements, available workshops, upcoming webinars, required reading, continuing education, joining the ProFinder and more.
Benefits beyond the basics.
- Save $60 on a health fitness or clinical certification when you become a member of ACSM.
- Gain exclusive access to the latest research that will shape your professional practice.
- Get discounts on continuing education credits (CECs) and professional development opportunities.
- Be recognized in your community and the profession for achieving the highest possible professional standards.
- Attract new clients with a listing on the ACSM ProFinder, a worldwide online directory of certified professionals.
- Enhance your career potential with marketing support tools available only to certified professionals.
Take your career to the next level. Get certified. Show the world you’re the best at what you do.