La Red de Actividad Física de las Américas (RAFA) / The Physical Activity Network of the Americas (PANA) was created to build a network of public and private, national and international institutions to promote health and quality of life through physical activity. The RAFA-PANA Award allows professionals in RAFA-PANA countries other than the U.S. and Canada to gain technical expertise and/or scientific knowledge through an international exchange in the U.S. or Canada.
Award requirements include:
- Applicants must be professionals in a discipline recognized by ACSM. A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required.
- Applicants must live in a member country of RAFA-PANA other than the United States or Canada.
- Applicants must plan to engage in a professional activity that will advance the goals of RAFA-PANA.
- Applicants must choose a host scientist who is a member of ACSM. ACSM will not match applicants with potential host scientists.
- Membership in ACSM is not a requirement.
Applications will be available online in September 2012. Completed application packets are due February 1, 2013.
Awards will be determined by the likelihood that the activities will open avenues for professional growth and promote the goals of RAFA-PANA, the intrinsic quality of the proposed research activity and evidence the project can be completed. Award recipients will receive round-trip air transportation to the host institution, a lodging and living stipend, medical health insurance for two months, complimentary registration and lodging for the 2013 ACSM Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.