The Gail E. Butterfield Nutrition Travel Award helps fund travel expenses for Ph.D. students traveling to the ACSM Annual Meeting to present their scholarly work. Download the 2013 Gail E. Butterfield Nutrition Travel Award application.
Award requirements include:
- Applicants must be Ph.D. students in good standing with a research focus on protein metabolism, altitude and nutrition, energy balance, nutrition and exercise interventions to improve metabolic health, or nutrition and the female athlete.
- Applicants be ACSM members in good standing.
- Applicants must have been accepted to present research at the 2013 ACSM Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, IN.
- Applicants must have a faculty sponsor to sign the application, confirming that the student is a current student in good standing, the student is responsible for the research project being presented, and the college/university has limited research funds for students to present scholarly work.
- Applications, containing the official application form and a PDF of the research abstract, must be submitted on or before the deadline to the Foundation. Please type "2013 Gail E. Butterfield Nutrition Travel Award" as the email subject line.
- Students directly associated with members of the selection committee may not apply.
Winners receive a $500 award to pay for travel expenses to attend and present research at the ACSM Annual Meeting and World Congress on Exercise is Medicine.
This award is given in memory of Gail E. Butterfield, Ph.D., R.D., FACSM, former ACSM Board of Trustees member and member of the special interest group on nutrition.
Download the 2013 Gail E. Butterfield Nutrition Travel Award application. NOTE: You must have Adobe Reader 9 to complete the application for this grant. Adobe Reader 9 is available for download at http://www.adobe.com.)
Please contact the ACSM Foundation with questions regarding this grant.