The Michael L. Pollock Memorial Fund was established to help pay travel expenses for graduate students traveling to the ACSM Annual Meeting to present their scholarly work. Download the 2014 Pollock Application here.
Award requirements include:
- Applicants must have been a graduate student in good standing within one year of submitting an application.
- Applicants must have a research focus on health-and-fitness or clinical exercise physiology.
- Applicants must be the first author on an accepted research project (free communication or poster) being presented at the 2014 ACSM Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL.
- Applicants must have a faculty sponsor to sign the application, indicating that the student was a current student in good standing no more than one year before submitting the application and that the student was responsible for the research project.
- Applicants must complete the application and submit it as a PDF to the Foundation on or before the application deadline.
- Students directly associated with the selection committee chairman, James S. Skinner, Ph.D., FACSM, may not apply.
Applicants must have been a graduate student in good standing within one year of submitting an application.
Winners receive a $200 award to pay for travel expenses to attend and present research at the ACSM Annual Meeting and World Congress on Exercise is Medicine.
This award is given in memory of Michael L. Pollock, Ph.D., FACSM, who was ACSM's President from 1982-1983. Friends and colleagues of Dr. Pollock developed a scholarship fund in his name to help young scholars.
Download the 2014 Pollock Application here. NOTE: You must have Adobe Reader XI to complete the application for this grant. Adobe Reader XI is available for download at http://www.adobe.com.)
Please contact the ACSM Foundation with questions regarding this grant.