The New Investigator Awards recognize new investigators who have begun and are likely to continue making significant scientific contributions to knowledge in basic or clinical exercise science and sports medicine. Download the 2013 award application here.
Award requirements include:
- Applicants must have earned a terminal degree after March 4, 2013 and cannot hold a position higher than Assistant Professor.
- Applicants must be the principal author of an accepted free communication paper for presentation at the 2013 ACSM Annual Meeting. (This excludes dissertation research.)
- Applicants must be a current member of ACSM in good standing. This can include Regional Chapter membership.
- Members must submit the application on or before the deadline, including a completed application form, biosketch, copy of accepted abstract and expanded abstract.
Winners will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the ACSM Annual Meeting and World Congress on Exercise is Medicine.
- Complimentary hotel accommodations for three nights at the conference hotel, meals for four days (not to exceed $55/day) and round-trip airfare from your home city to Indianapolis, IN.
- Tickets (two total) to the ACSM Annual Awards Banquet on May 31, 2013 in Indianapolis, IN.
Awards are given based on the applicant's training, grants obtained, research independence, future potential and productivity, as well as the first authorship and scientific merit, quality and originality of a short research paper expanded from the abstract accepted for presentation at the ACSM Annual Meeting.