ACSM's resources can help you become a better teacher. Unlike restrictive professional associations, ACSM wants the benefits you gain as a academician member to trickle down to your students. Read an interesting journal article? Discuss it with your class. Make a new discovery? Invite student researchers to present the findings. Meet a difference-making clinician or policymaker? Introduce them to a student. ACSM knows that giving you ready-made resources to share with your students not only benefits them as young professionals, but it could also earn you that “world’s best professor” mug you've been eyeing.
Though you’ll love the networking and exposure ACSM offers you and your students, we know it’s also important to have tangible resources you can use in the classroom. By joining ACSM, you’ll gain access to these academician-focused resources:
- Opportunities to present your research at ACSM Meetings or publish your work in ACSM journals.
- Awards to fund research and travel for both you and your students.
- Subscription to the weekly Sports Medicine Bulletin, keeping you in-the-know about the latest news in the field.
- 24/7 access to the ACSM Membership Directory for networking and referrals
- Resources such as publications, career information and continuing education opportunities you can pass along to your students.
- Journal club content to facilitate classroom learning.