What is the ACSM 2020 Virtual Experience?
In response to the cancellation of this year’s ACSM Annual Meeting and World Congresses, the Program Committee created the ACSM 2020 Virtual Experience to deliver the latest research featuring the excellent presenters annual meeting attendees have come to expect.
When does the Virtual Experience start?
The Virtual Experience will be available starting at noon EDT on June 17. Content will be available until December 31, 2020.
Will the Virtual Experience sessions be live?
No, all Virtual Experience sessions follow an on-demand format, allowing you to access content when it’s convenient for you. The on-demand presentations are accessible via this dedicated website. You’ll also find continuing education opportunities, ePosters, industry-presented content, ACSM Special Interest Group events and more.
Do I need to register for the Virtual Experience?
No, you do not need to register for the Virtual Experience; however, you will be required to login to the ACSM online learning management system to access the sessions. You can view the session descriptions online. You will be prompted to select one of the three bundle options for sessions. Once selected, you’ll be able to access the session content when it’s convenient for you. View the ePosters here.
Can I earn CECs or CME credits through the Virtual Experience?
Yes, participants will be able to earn up to 21 continuing education credits (CECs) or up to 18.50 continuing medical education (CME) credits. A nominal processing fee ($50 for ACSM members; $100 for non-members) will be charged.
What will be part of the Virtual Experience?
The Virtual Experience will deliver content featuring the excellent presenters ACSM Annual Meeting attendees have come to expect. Specifically, you’ll have access to:
- On-Demand Sessions from 15 topical areas ranging from athlete care and clinical medicine to cancer, health equity, metabolism and nutrition, physical activity and much more. You can view the session descriptions here.
- More than 900 accepted abstracts and clinical cases presented as ePosters and the related supplemental issue of Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise® (MSSE).
- ACSM Member-Exclusive Content featuring select integrative and professional development sessions curated for members only.
- Gisolfi Virtual 5K. No matter where you are, join ACSM's first-ever virtual fun run, walk and roll! Your registration is free, but $25 for each participant will be donated to ACSM’s ELEVATE Capital Campaign – up to $25,000. Participate by yourself, with your family or virtually with friends, and help us reach 1,000 participants to maximize the benefit to the ACSM Foundation.
- Exhibitors and Sponsors. Explore your favorite companies, as well as new ones. Special discounts and promotions will be available for a limited time.
- Industry-Presented Sessions. Access sessions presented by the Gatorade Sports Science Institute and Technogym.
- ACSM Special Interest Group Events. Check out content and/or virtual events offered by some of ACSM’s Special Interest Groups.
- ACSM President’s Cup Competition. The Student Affairs Committee will recognize the 2020 ACSM President's Cup competitors and announce this year's winner during an online event on June 25 at 4 p.m. EDT. The ACSM President’s Cup competition gives students a chance to showcase their work and foster collaborations. Typically held during the ACSM Annual Meeting, the tradition continues this year through a virtual competition. Student competitors were selected based on the quality of their presentations at ACSM Regional Chapter meetings.
What is the cost to participate in the ACSM 2020 Virtual Experience?
All sessions and ePosters will be freely available to those who are interested. Additional content will be offered exclusively to ACSM members. The on-demand sessions are also eligible for continuing education credits (CECs) or continuing medical education credits (CME credits). Attendees will have the option to pay a nominal processing fee ($50 for ACSM members; $100 for non-members) to obtain up to 21 CECs or up to 18.5 CME credits.
Will I be able to interact with session and/or ePoster presenters?
Yes, and we encourage an active dialogue with session and ePoster presenters! They are excited to share their expertise and research with you. You’ll be able to connect and network with on-demand session presenters via email. You will also have a chance to engage in discussion and network with ePoster presenters via an online chat function through July 8, 2020 and through email.
Once I select my Virtual Experience bundle, how do I access the on-demand presentations?
Visit acsm.org and log in. Click “My Profile” in the upper right corner near your name then click on “CEC History/Certifications.” Scroll down and click “To access your online CEC purchases, please click here.” Once in the learning management system, click on “Virtual Experience” in the left column. Contact email@example.com if you have any trouble accessing the sessions.
Will any of the programming from the 2020 Annual Meeting and World Congresses be moved to the ACSM 2021 Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.?
Yes, the Program Committee announced that the following sessions and events will be moved to the 2021 meeting:
- Basic Science World Congress on Regenerative Medicine
- Select sessions from the World Congress on Exercise is Medicine®
- Wolffe and Dill Lectures (in addition to the 2021 lectures)
- All named lectures
- Presidents lectures (in addition to the 2021 lectures)
- All Highlighted Symposia
- All Exchange Lectures
- Integrative Plenary Lecture
- Honor and Citation Award recognition