2019 Northland Chapter Annual Fall Meeting
October 3-4, 2019
Winona State University, Winona, MN
Exercise is Medicine On Campus Leadership Summit
Thursday October 3 will be filled with motivational speakers, leadership activities, and networking opportunities related to EiMoC.
This or That in Exercise Training
Friday October 4 will inspire you to think before your prescribe exercise! Should you recommend a ketogenic diet or intermittent fasting? Functional movement analysis or dynamic warm up analysis? Continuous or High-intensity training? You will learn if you should choose THIS or THAT when it comes to prescribing exercise. Experts from Mayo, Olmsted Medical Center Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance Center, and clinical exercise physiologists from UW-La Crosse are presenting these unique topics/
Our speakers include:
- Kate Zeratsky RDN, LD from Mayo Clinic
- Rose Prissel MS, RDN, LD from Mayo Clinic
- Wes Emmert ATC, CSCS from Olmsted Medical Center Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance Center
- Jake Hesse MS, ATC, ATR, CSCS from Olmsted Medical Center Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance Center
- Carl Foster PhD , Director of the Human Performance Laboratory and Research Director of the Clinical Exercise Physiology Program at UW-La Crosse
- John Porcari PhD, Program Director of the Clinical Exercise Physiology program and the Executive Director of the La Crosse Exercise and Health Program at UW-La Crosse
Meet the Experts – NEW THIS YEAR!!!
On Friday October 4 you will also have the chance to meet the experts up close and personal. There will be breakout sessions to meet with registered dieticians, sports performance coaches, clinical exercise physiologists, an athletic trainer, and a physical therapist. If those don’t float your boat, you will have the opportunity to learn how to market yourself for your future careers in exercise science.