TEXAS CHAPTER OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SPORTS MEDICINE
The purpose of TACSM is to fulfill the objectives and purposes of ACSM as appropriate at the regional level. ACSM is a multi-disciplinary professional and scientific society dedicated to the generation and dissemination of knowledge concerning the motivations, responses, adaptations and health aspects of persons engaged in sport and exercise.
- Objectives of TACSM-
- Introduction of students to ACSM.
- Providing training for prospective leaders of ACSM.
- Promotion and support of student involvement in research and other professional activities.
- Cooperation with other organizations and individuals with interests similar to those of TACSM.
- Promotion and advancement of medical and other scientific knowledge related to sport and exercise.
- Facilitation of educational interactions among physicians, allied health professionals, scientists, educators, students and others with interests similar to those of TACSM.