TACSM Student Bowl XII (Virtual)
The deadline for a school to declare its intent to field a team(s) in the TACSM Student Bowl XII is January 30, 2021 via the online registration form.
Team criteria and event specifics include:
- Each team must consist of 3 undergraduate students who are still enrolled as undergraduates in the 2021 Spring semester. Each question will be posed to all teams. Teams will be allowed to discuss the possible answers together prior to providing answers to their judge. Teammates and their respective judge will be isolated in private breakout rooms during the question discussion portions of the event.
- Each team must have a faculty sponsor. For this virtual event, we will allow 30 teams to participate. January 30, 2021 is the deadline to enter a team. Universities may enroll up to two teams, but each team must have a different sponsor/referee. Multiple teams will only be allowed if slots are still available after all interested universities have been enrolled. Additional slots will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. Decisions regarding additional team requests will be available on February 1, 2021.
- Each team must submit the name of a faculty or trainee member to serve as a referee/scorekeeper. Team sponsors may also serve as referees (preferred). The referee will oversee scoring during the competition and serve as the liaison to the official judges for challenged answers. All referees will have a mandatory Zoom meeting prior to the TACSM Annual Meeting. This meeting will be brief and allow us overview the virtual scoring system for the official game. A charged cell phone or computer with internet access will be required for the scoring system.
- Each team member, sponsor or referee must be pre-registered for the TACSM Annual Meeting. Any team that does not have all team members, faculty sponsor, and optional referee pre-registered for the TACSM Annual Meeting will not be allowed to compete in the TACSM Student Bowl. If a team does not meet this deadline, it will be removed from the competition.
- All teams/referees/scorekeepers will be required to log into the Student Bowl virtual venue 30 minutes prior to the competition.
To register your team:
Access the online TACSM Student Bowl registration form by 1/30/21. Provide names and email addresses for team sponsor(s), optional referee(s), and team members. Please note that the email addresses entered in the sign-up sheet must be the same email addresses used for the competition. These email addresses will be used to set up the parameters of the game. If different email addresses are used, the game may be delayed.
For more information, please contact TACSM Regional Chapter Representative Dr. James Fluckey at email@example.com