Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) Regional Chapter Support
Through the Foundation, ACSM partners with GSSI. Yearly, each chapter is provided with a $1000 grant to support its chapter annual meeting. This funding is direct deposited into each regional chapter's bank account on a yearly basis.
GSSI Speakers for Regional Chapter Meetings-
GSSI provides one Gatorade Speaker per regional chapter per year. Gatorade pays for all travel and honoraria related to their speakers. As of May 2019, the following speakers/topics may be requested for chapter meetings:
- Kelly Barnes, MS, PT, Senior Scientist
Topic: "Sweat Normative Data and Differences between Sports"
- Khalil Lee, PhD, CSCS, Senior Scientist
Topics: "Thermoregulation" or "Working with Young Athletes"
- Lisa Heaton, MS, RD, CSSD, Senior Scientist & Sports Dietitian
Topic: "Working with Athletes with Unique Dietary Needs"
To Utilize a GSSI Speaker at your chapter meeting:
1) Select a speaker/topic above and submit a completed application at least three months prior to your meeting. The completed application and/or any questions should be directed to GSSISpeakersBureau@pepsico.com.
2) Do NOT contact speakers that are not listed above. GSSI will no longer pay for speaker travel for speakers that are not on the approved list above. As speakers are added or removed, the list will be updated on this page.
3) Only speakers requested through the application above will be considered for funding. If a regional chapter contacts a speaker directly without going through the formal application process, the speaker will not be funded.
3) In exchange for the grant and/or speaker support, the regional chapters must acknowledge GSSI on meeting publications, on-site signage, and on-site program books/handouts. The GSSI Logo for regional chapter use may be downloaded here.