Deadline: April 5, 2021 5:00 p.m. EST
Amount: $5,000 (max.)
The Visiting Scholar Award is given to investigators who need further experience as independent re- searchers. The purpose of the award is to provide financial support for an investigator to visit a clinic or laboratory of his/her choice to learn new and current techniques in exercise and sports medicine. Travel, financial support and laboratory supplies will be provided to the recipient for a period of up to six months. A maximum of $5,000 will be awarded.
Download the 2021 Visiting Scholar Award Application.
Award requirements include:
1. The applicant must be a current member of ACSM for at least two consecutive years including student status membership.
2. The applicant must hold a doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent).
3. The visit must occur after official award notification.
4. Only one laboratory may be visited.
5. A written report of activities must be submitted within three months after completion of the visit.
6. Applicant must submit pages 2-11 completed and combined into a single Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file.
7. Applicant must submit approval letter from both present and host facility that should briefly address the plan for the applicant’s training during the visit. Approval letters from both present and host facilities should be submitted as appended or separate Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files.
Winners will receive:
Travel, financial support and laboratory supplies will be provided to the recipient for a period of up to six months. A maximum of $5,000 will be awarded.
DEADLINE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET: April 5, 2021
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.