Feb 1, 2019, 05:00 PM EST
$3,000 (1st Place)
$1,500 (2nd Place)
$1,000 (3rd Place)
To recognize innovative, high quality research in the field of Sports Nutrition being presented at ACSM's 2019 Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL. Recognized work will be high-impact science and may include applied, mechanistic, protocol development or clinical research. All work mush have the potential for practical outcomes in the translation of sports nutrition science for sports health professionals and/or athletes.
- The applicant may be a PhD student, post-doc or faculty under the age of 40 (as of June 1, 2019) conducting research in the field of sports nutrition. Recipient(s) of 2018 GSSI-ACSM Sport Nutrition or Young Investigator Award will not be eligible for selection in 2019.
- Applicants may reside anywhere in the world but must be ACSM members and registered for the annual meeting. ACSM will confirm candidate’s ACSM membership and Annual Meeting registration prior to review and determination of winners.
- Applicants must have an accepted scientific abstract submission to ACSM's Annual Meeting.
- The research must be related to the impact of nutrition or hydration on exercise physiology or performance outcomes.
- The work is original - not published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the abstract submission deadline.
- Applicants cannot apply with the same accepted abstract to both the ACSM and ECSS awards in the same calendar year.
Interested candidates will apply to ACSM with their presentation abstract (submitted as a pdf), a one-page Summary of Scholarly Work (publications and presentations), and statement detailing how their research translates sports nutrition science for practical application by sports health professionals and athletes (300 word limit).
The top three candidates will be identified by the selection committee in March, 2019 and will receive $1,000 toward travel to the ACSM Annual Meeting in Orlando. The top three candidates will each then deliver a presentation of five minutes or less at the GSSI Preconference session on May 28, focused on the practical outcomes in the translation of sports nutrition science for sports health professionals and/or athletes. Winners will be announced before the conclusion of the Preconference.
Applications must be received at the ACSM office by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (close of business) on February 1, 2019. As final annual meeting abstract selections may not be released by this date, interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their submitted abstract, and verification of acceptance will be made during the application review process.
Applications for the 2019 GSSI-ACSM Young Investigator in Sports Nutrition Award will be posted by late October, 2018. Please check back soon.
Please contact the ACSM Foundation
with questions regarding this award.