ACSM is pleased to present the scientific reviews underlying the second edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines. Health professionals, scientists, community organizations and policymakers can use the papers included in the ACSM Scientific Pronouncements: Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 2nd Edition to promote more active, healthier lifestyles for individuals and communities.
RIGHT In this webinar, Dr. Katrina Piercy and Dr. Kenneth Powell outline:
• How the Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee was formed and its role;
• Organizing and drafting the 2018 scientific report;
• Developing the manuscripts that were published in Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise®;
• What the scientific pronouncements mean for ACSM members; and
• How ACSM members can use the pronouncements