The Gisolfi 5K Run/Walk/Roll continues to be one of the most popular and meaningful traditions at the ACSM Annual Meeting. It returns this year for its 21st anniversary! ACSM and Gatorade invite you to participate in the 2021 Virtual Gisolfi 5k Run/Walk/Roll between May 15 and June 3.
The Virtual 5K is a fun and safe way to be active as we deal with the lingering effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2021 Virtual Gisolfi 5K! Thanks for making this year’s event a huge success, with 421 finishers from 28 countries! We hope to reconnect with you with a LIVE in-person Gisolfi 5K in 2022!
Fastest Finisher, Run/Walk – Female
Heather Petrick, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada; 17:28
Fastest Finisher, Run/Walk – Male
Tom Ohlman, Carmel, IN, USA; 16:28
How Do I Participate?
The Virtual Gisolfi 5K allows participants to complete the race on their own, any time between Friday, May 15 and Thursday, June 3. You will run, walk or roll your own 5K at your pace and a time and location of your choosing. Select a safe route in your neighborhood, through parks, on off-road trails or even on a treadmill. Complete the distance, upload your results and share your accomplishments on social media using #ACSMGisolfi. Together, we’ll show the commitment that ACSM members, certified professionals and friends have to safe and fun physical activity!
Follow these steps to complete your Virtual Gisolfi 5K:
Before Your 5K:
- Decide how you are going to participate (run, walk or roll) and register below
- Select and map out a 5K route that is safe and will allow you to practice recommended social distancing.
- Print out the Virtual Gisolfi 5K bib delivered with your confirmation (PRINT YOUR BIB HERE).
- Share your plans to participate on social media using the hashtag #ACSM2021 and/or #ACSMGisolfi and invite family and friends to join as well.
Complete your 5K by June 3:
- Choose a time to complete your 5K.
- Pin on your paper bib that you printed out
- Warm up, hydrate and don’t forget your sunscreen.
- Accurately record the distance and duration of your run by using a smart watch, tracking device or mobile app, such as Garmin, Strava, Apple, FitBit or GoogleFit.
- Take a screenshot or photo of your watch or app for proof of completion.
- Take a photo and add to the fun on social media! Share your photos at #ACSMGisolfi so others can celebrate with you!
- Officially submit your results via the special link provided named "Submit your Virtual Gisolfi 5K results."