Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews (ESSR), a quarterly review publication. ESSR provides premier, peer-reviewed reviews of contemporary scientific, medical and research-based topics emerging in the field of sports medicine and exercise science. ESSR strives to provide the most relevant, topical information to students, professors, clinicians, scientists, and professionals for practical and research applications
Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews consists of articles for readers with a broad interest in scientific issues related to exercise, movement, physical activity and/or sport.
Special Features: Check out the current online Journal Club questions and covered article for free!
Journal Impact Factor: 5.7 – 6th of 87 in Sports Sciences
PubMed Abbreviation: Exerc Sport Sci Rev.
Common Misspellings: Exercise and Sport Science Reviews, Exercise and Sports Sciences Reviews
Check out Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews on Facebook and Twitter
Interested in learning more about the journal?
- Visit the journal site to view the current and past issues and online-only features!
- Authors interested in having an proposal considered can complete a form for one of the two article types:
- Brief Review: Authors must present a novel hypothesis derived from several of their peer-reviewed publications. Based on our understanding that a hypothesis represents an expected outcome derived from a model of the involved system, these articles are required to provide a rationale for why a particular outcome can be predicted based on the existing literature on the identified issue. Within this framework, subsequent outcomes, whether or not they are consistent with the hypothesis, will inform us about the intrinsic characteristics of the system. If approved, the submitted manuscript should provide the rationale for the hypothesis and a schematic figure that illustrates the hypothesis is required.
- Perspectives for Progress: Senior investigators who are still active in research are invited to provide a synthesis of the current state in a particular field, identify gaps in knowledge, and suggest key questions that need to be addressed.
- View the submission site.
- Questions? Contact the journal editorial office.
Paper of the Year
View the current and previous Paper of the Year selections and editorials covering the selected articles.
ACSM Journals - Featured Articles
Get the scoop from the best - ACSM's Editors-in-Chief select featured articles for each new issue.
ESSR Featured Articles