This course allows the participant to review the content to prepare for the Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer (CIFT) Certification exam from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). The course oversees the principles associated with the screening and functional assessment of individuals with impaired function, and the considerations for the development of an exercise program. In addition, it reviews issues related with risk management and safety in an adaptive fitness environment.
After completing this course, professionals will be able to:
• Define the role of the Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer in the health care field.
• Summarize policies and principles pertinent to the Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer.
• Identify individual screening tools, and risk and functional assessment instruments.
• Apply exercise prescription and program design concepts for individuals with disabilities.
• Identify and compare limitations experienced by individuals with disabilities.
This course includes an online course book and a corresponding online quiz.
All course content will be presented to you electronically upon completion of your purchase. This includes all reading material, quizzes, and certificates (certificates awarded upon successful completion of the quizzes).
No substitutions will be allowed for this CEC course. CEC course only. This course is not an ACSM certification.
For questions related to your online CEC courses or purchases, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Course Credits
Add this course to your cart.
You have the option to continue shopping or to proceed to checkout.
Be sure you are signed in and submit your order.
Once your transaction is complete, you will receive an email confirmation with directions for accessing your course.
To earn your CECs, you will view the course content, pass the quiz (you must earn 80% or better to pass), and print your certificate of completion.