April is Autism Awareness Month and ACSM's ceOnline has the course to get you certified.
The ACSM/EC Autism Exercise Specialist will be able to:
- Use standard health assessment tools and when available, school-based or private assessments, to develop the foundation of client's exercise program
- Develop exercise programs and demonstrate exercises by applying evidence-based teaching strategies for those with autism
- Lead and motivate individuals in both an individual and group setting
- Use various instructional (e.g., visual supports, videos, technology) strategies to promote physical activity
- Create a positive exercise experience and enhance social skills
- Communicate to autism parents, special educators and other professionals the value of exercise for the autism community.