ACSM's #1 most popular CEC course is featured for Exercise Is Medicine Month:
Learn how to serve clients and patients who need the support of a fitness professional in order to prevent or manage specific health conditions.
This course will focus on the following competency areas:
professional preparation necessary to safely and effectively assess, develop and guide exercise in an Exercise is Medicine setting
- development of the skills needed to support sustained behavior change
- understanding evolving models of health care that provide opportunities for lifestyle interventions
This course includes five required modules and two supplemental presentations, presentation slides, associated resources and the online exam. All course content will be presented to you electronically upon completion of your purchase. This includes all viewing and reading material, quizzes, and certificates (certificates awarded upon successful completion of the quizzes). No substitutions will be allowed for this CEC course. This course is not an ACSM certification. This course is part of an ACSM certificate program to enhance your professional development.
Available ACSM CECs 5.0
Learning objectives for the course - ACSM/Exercise is Medicine:
- To provide candidates with practical applications and tools to better manage clients and groups with common chronic diseases and risk factors.
- To educate candidates on how to provide effective behavioral support to help clients develop and sustain a physically active lifestyle.
- To prepare candidates with resources and knowledge related to health care interactions and relationships.
- To ensure that candidates understand critical concepts, information and strategies related to Exercise is Medicine®.
Purchase and earn CECs
Earn More CECs Through Popular Courses
Autism Exercise Specialist | #2 Most Popular CEC Course
Nutrition Spotlight | CEC Bundle
Nutrition in Inflammation and Immunity