The Gisolfi 5K Run/Walk/Roll has been a popular and meaningful tradition at the ACSM Annual Meeting for 20 years. As an important part of this year’s Virtual Annual Meeting experience, ACSM invites you to participate in the 2020 Virtual Gisolfi 5K Run/Walk/Roll fueled by Gatorade.
THANK YOU and WELL DONE to all who participated in the Virtual Gisolfi 5K fueled by Gatorade between June 12 and June 28! With 577 registrants, 352 posted results and additional individual donations, more than $9,000 has been raised for the ACSM Foundation!
While we celebrate our first finishers, we are also extending our goal of achieving 1,000+ participants. We are re-opening registration and participation until Sunday, August 2. Recruit your family. Challenge your friends. Registration is free, and with each completed posting $25 will be contributed to the ACSM Foundation. Please help us reach 1,000 participants, demonstrate ACSM’s and Gatorade’s commitment to safe and fun physical activity, and achieve our goal of $25,000! A one-hour walk will accomplish the task for most people (while also achieving about 6,000 steps!). Click here to get started with your registration, or to post your previous results if you have not already done so.
How Do I Participate?
The Virtual Gisolfi 5K allows participants to complete the race on their own, any time between Tuesday, July 7 and Sunday, August 2. You will run, walk or roll your own 5K at your own pace, and at a time and location of your choosing. Select a safe route in your neighborhood, through parks, on off-road trails or even on a treadmill. Complete the distance, upload your results and share your accomplishments on social media. Together, we’ll show the commitment that ACSM members, certified professionals and friends have to safe and fun physical activity!
Here are the steps to completing your Virtual Gisolfi 5K:
Before Your 5K
- Decide how you are going to participate (Run, Walk or Roll) and register here. In addition to the $25 donated on your behalf, you may also add a personal contribution to the ACSM Foundation by clicking here.
- Select and map out a 5K route that is safe and will allow you to practice recommended social distancing.
- Complete and print out the Virtual Gisolfi 5K bib delivered with your confirmation, or by clicking here.
- Share your plans to participate on social media (use #ACSM20), and invite family and friends to join as well.
July 7 - August 2
- Choose a time to complete your 5K.
- Warm up, hydrate, and don’t forget your sunscreen.
- Accurately document the distance and duration of your run.Record your time using a smart watch, tracking device or mobile app, such as Garmin, Strava, Apple, FitBit or GoogleFit. Take a screenshot or photo of your watch or app for proof of completion.
- Take a photo and add to the fun on social media! Share your photos at #ACSM20 so others can celebrate with you!
- Officially submit your results! We have created a special link to submit your Virtual Gisolfi 5K results.Through this link, results will be posted and tabulated to determine the total contributions to the ACSM Foundation. Results must be uploaded by August 4, 2020. Additional step-by-step instructions will be provided in your confirmation e-mail or you can submit results here.
Congratulations to our fastest finishers and social media prizewinners. Each winner will receive a Gatorade prize package, including a stainless steel bottle, sideline towel, cellphone pop socket and a variety of Gatorade products.
- Gabriela Beita, (20:20)
- Amanda Nio, (21:07)
- Steffen Uhrich, (15:36)
- Kevin Gries, (16:09)
Social Media Photos
More about the Gisolfi 5K
The 2020 Virtual Gisolfi 5K will mark the 20th consecutive year of ACSM and Gatorade celebrating runners, walkers and rollers of all skill levels. The event recognizes the many contributions of past ACSM President Carl V. Gisolfi, Ph.D., FACSM. Dr. Gisolfi was one of the most influential leaders in ACSM’s long history and a renowned researcher in the fields of thermoregulation, exercise and hydration. Remember to stay safe, properly hydrated and cool during your Virtual 5K!