Central States Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Student Research Grant Applications Now Being Accepted
The CSACSM offers two research grants per year at the undergraduate, masters, and PhD level (six grants total).
- The applicant is a current student (undergraduate, masters, or doctoral) at a university in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma during the proposed time of data collection.
- The student is majoring in an ACSM related field (e.g., clinical/applied or basic exercise science or sports medicine)
- The student is a current CSACSM member (as of time of the grant submission)
- The student’s mentor has been a CSACSM member for at least 1 year prior to the grant submission (mentors who have been a CSACSM member <1 year and relocated to the region within the past 12 months ARE eligible).
- The student can attend and present their research progress at the 2024 CSACSM Regional Meeting held in Kansas City, MO in early March 2024.
Undergraduate: up to $500
Masters: up to $1000
PhD: up to $1500
Proposal submissions will be accepted until 5 pm CST January 27th, 2023. Email your documents directly to Derek Crawford at email@example.com
Application requirements can be found here: 2023 CSACSM Abstract Submission Guidelines
2022 Central States Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Student Research Grant Recipients
JoJo Shields, PhD, Oklahoma State University
Cassandra Beattie, PhD, Kansas State University
Olivia Anderson, PhD, Oklahoma State University
Lilly Cleveland, Undergraduate, The University of Kansas
Natalie Morgan, Undergraduate, Drury University
Mia Young, Undergraduate, Oklahoma State University
** Stay tuned for 2023 grant submission instructions **
2022 CSACSM Award Winners