Central States Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Student Research Grant Applications Now Being Accepted
The CSACSM offers two research grants per year at the undergraduate, masters, and PhD level (six grants total).
- The applicant is a current student (undergraduate, masters, or doctoral) at a university in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma during the proposed time of data collection.
- The student is majoring in an ACSM related field (e.g., clinical/applied or basic exercise science or sports medicine)
- The student is a current CSACSM member (as of time of the grant submission)
- The student’s mentor has been a CSACSM member for at least 1 year prior to the grant submission (mentors who have been a CSACSM member <1 year and relocated to the region within the past 12 months ARE eligible).
- The student can attend and present their research progress at the 2025 CSACSM Regional Meeting held in Fayetteville, AR in early March 2025.
Undergraduate: up to $500
Masters: up to $1000
PhD: up to $1500
Applicants must submit.
- Two letters of recommendation (one being from the applicant’s mentor) evaluating the applicant’s potential to develop as a researcher/scholar.
- A one-page abstract with the specific subheadings OVERVIEW, PURPOSE, METHODS, ANALYSIS detailing the project.
- A grant proposal with the specific subheadings: OVERVIEW, INNOVATION, SPECIFIC AIMS, APPROACH, SIGNIFICANCE.This section should not exceed 5 pages
- Both the abstract and grant proposal must be written using Microsoft Word and follow these formatting guidelines: Times New Roman 12-point font, 1-inch margins, single spaced
- A detailed budget for the project and an explanation what the grant will cover from the overall budget (if the budget exceeds the grant).
- References for the grant proposal.
Proposal submissions will be accepted until 5 pm CST February 16th, 2024. Email your documents directly to Erin Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application requirements can be found here: 2024 CSACSM STUDENT RESEARCH GRANT PROPOSAL Rubric
2023 Central States Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Student Research Grant Recipients
JoJo Shields, PhD, Oklahoma State University
Cassandra Beattie, PhD, Kansas State University
Olivia Anderson, PhD, Oklahoma State University
Lilly Cleveland, Undergraduate, The University of Kansas
Natalie Morgan, Undergraduate, Drury University
Mia Young, Undergraduate, Oklahoma State University
2023 CSACSM Award Winners