The Northland Regional Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine (NLACSM) is a diverse group of professionals and students dedicated to the advancement of sports medicine and exercise science.
While our members are primarily from Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota, we welcome members from neighboring states and Canadian provinces as well.
The chapter seeks to communicate scientific information, provide a forum for research, foster professional peer interaction and support career growth. NLACSM adheres to the mission of the American College of Sports Medicine on a regional level.
Objectives and Purposes
- To promote and advance medical and other scientific studies dealing with the effect of sports and other physical activities on the health of human beings at various stages of life
- To cooperate with other organizations, physicians, scientists and educators concerned with the same or related specialties
- To arrange for mutual meetings of physicians, educators and allied scientists
- To make available postgraduate education in fields related to these sciences
- To initiate, promote and correlate research in these fields
- To edit and publish a newsletter containing articles pertaining to various aspects of sports, other physical activities, health education, medicine, and activities of the Chapter members