ACSM Northwest Student Research Award Program
ACSM NW Student Research Award to be completed and attached to application form below.
November 17th, 2023 by 5:00pm PST
To provide ACSM Northwest students with the financial support to conduct scientific research in line with the interests of ACSM. The research should be relevant to the area of physical activity and inactivity, exercise, sports, and sedentary lifestyles and in the context of addressing U.S. and global health objectives.
Two awards of up to a combined amount of $2,000 USD for a one-year period will be offered. The award is to be used for experimental subjects, supplies, small equipment needs, and travel to disseminate research findings.
- Eligible students will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the field of exercise science and/or sports medicine within the ACSM Northwest region.
- Students must be ACSM Northwest members. ACSM Northwest will confirm candidate’s ACSM membership prior to review and determination of awards. If you are not currently an ACSM Northwest student member, you can become a member of our chapter here: https://www.acsm.org/acsm-membership/regional-chapters/acsm-chapters/northwest/join
- Students must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- The student’s application must have a faculty sponsor, who will provide a letter of support that meets the requirements set forth in the application.
- The ACSM Northwest Student Research Award can be awarded only once to an individual.
- Applicants will submit a completed application form detailing the description of the study, significant literature in the field, and proposed budget costs. Title the application attachment ‘ACSMNW Student Research Award_LastName’ and submit as a word or PDF document.
- An up-to-date copy of the student’s curriculum vitae should be submitted in the application package. Title this file attachment ‘ACSMNW Student Research Award CV_LastName’ and submit as a word or PDF document.
- A one-page maximum letter of support/recommendation from a faculty sponsor must be included in the application. The letter must be on official departmental letterhead, signed by the faculty advisor, scanned, and emailed with the application. The recommendation letter should include the contribution of the proposed study to the field, relevance of the proposed study to the student’s academic career, the feasibility of the student to carry out the proposed work in the time frame and with the proposed budget, and indication that the student is in good academic standing (i.e., GPA of 3.0 or higher). Title this file attachment ‘ACSMNW Student Research Award Letter_LastName’ and submit as a word or PDF document.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00pm Pacific Time on the deadline. Please submit all application material within the form below. Questions can be directed to ACSM Northwest national student representative at email@example.com
Submit your application