ACSM Northwest Student Travel Award Program
ACSM NW Student Travel Award Application to be completed and attached to the form below.
January 6th, 2023
To provide ACSM Northwest students with the financial support to attend the 2022 ACSM Northwest Regional Meeting to experience the educational atmosphere of ACSM and/or disseminate their research.
Four awards of up to $250 each will be offered. The award is to be used for travel, lodging, and food costs associated with travel to the ACSM Northwest Regional Meeting.
- Eligible students will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the field of exercise science and/or sports medicine within the ACSM Northwest region.
- Students must be current ACSM Northwest members. ACSM Northwest will confirm the student’s ACSM Nortwest membership prior to review and determination of awards.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- The student’s application must have a faculty sponsor, who will provide a letter of support that meets the requirements set forth in the application.
- The ACSM Northwest Student Travel Award can be awarded only once to an individual.
- The ACSM Northwest Student Travel Award can only be awarded if the student presents at the Annual Meeting for which they received the award. Students who are previously granted an award, but fail to present, will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- Applicants will submit a completed application form (1 page). Each section on the application must be completed and should follow this naming format: ACSM Northwest Student Travel Application_LastName.
- Applicants will submit a written statement detailing their professional goals and describing how attending the ACSM Northwest Annual Meeting will help advance their studies (350-word limit). The document should be follow this naming format: ACSM Northwest Student Travel Statement_LastName. Evaluation of the written statement will be based on clearly defined goals related to the field of exercise science and/or sports medicine, a clearly stated objective for attending the Northwest Annual Meeting, and demonstration of how attendance at this meeting further his/her studies and/or professional development.
- A one-page maximum letter of support/recommendation from a faculty sponsor must be included in the application. The letter must be on official departmental letterhead, signed by the faculty advisor, scanned, and submitted with the application. The letter of support should include an evaluation of the student, description of the value of participation in the regional meeting to the student’s academic and professional growth, and indication that the student is in good academic standing. The document should be follow this naming format: ACSM Northwest Student Travel Letter_LastName.
Applications are to be submitted using the form below. Applications must be received no later than 5:00pm Pacific Time on January 6th, 2023. Please submit any questions regarding this award to the current ACSM Northwest national student representative firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your application