Each Tuesday ACSM members receive the Sports Medicine Bulletin (SMB) via email. Every edition of SMB includes an Active Voice article that is written by a researcher or subject matter expert and is dedicated to sharing the latest news on important research and relevant topics to the exercise science and sports medicine community.
Introducing, the top 10 most read Active Voice articles from 2018:
1. Q&A – Updated Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans Released by Katrina L. Piercy, Ph.D., R.D., ACSM-CEP® on November 13, 2018.
2. Does Caffeine Enhance Tolerance to High-Intensity Exercise? by Adriano E. Lima-Silva, Ph.D., and Romulo Bertuzzi, Ph.D. on May 1, 2018.
3. A Novel Therapeutic Exercise Mode for Managing Knee Osteoarthritis by Hamilton Roschel, Ph.D. on July 31, 2018.
4. HIIT in the Real World – Effective, but Not for Everyone? by Melyssa Roy, MBChB, MMSc on November 27, 2018.
5. Resistance Training and the Nervous System by James L. Nuzzo, Ph.D., CSCS®, and Janet L. Taylor, M.D. on February 6, 2018.
6. Exercise Training Modifies Our Gut Bacteria by Jacob Allen, Ph.D., and Jeff Woods, Ph.D., FACSM on July 3, 2018.
7. Physical Activity for Healthy Aging: The Intensity Matters for Combating Chronic Inflammation in Older Adults by Andreas Nilsson, M.P.H., Ph.D. on October 9, 2018.
8. Cardiometabolic Impact of Changing Sitting, Standing and Stepping in the Workplace by Elisabeth A.H. Winkler, Ph.D., and Genevieve N. Healy, Ph.D. on June 19, 2018.
9. ACSM’s New Exercise Preparticipation Screening - Removing Barriers to Initiating Exercise by Gary Liguori, Ph.D., FACSM, Meir Magal, Ph.D., FACSM, and Deborah Riebe, Ph.D., FACSM on January 16, 2018.
10. Does Estrogen Modulate Physical Activity in Women? by Edward L. Melanson, Ph.D., FACSM, and Wendy M. Kohrt, Ph.D., FACSM on October 16, 2018.
Viewpoints presented in SMB commentaries reflect opinions of the authors and do not necessarily reflect positions or policies of ACSM.