February is American Heart Month - Celebrate through awareness and education
Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the United States. Approximately 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year—that is roughly 1 in every 4 deaths. For women, the number of deaths is even more alarming. One in every three American women dies from heart disease, which is about one woman every minute!
This resource includes:
- Symptoms of a heart attack
- Risk factors for heart disease
- Tips for preventing heart disease
- Why physical activity is important in preventing heart disease
- Recommendations for appropriate physical activity for the prevention of heart disease
Download the Women and Heart Disease pdf resource for yourself or clients here.