About the course:
This course includes a demographic survey, online videos, PowerPoints, journal articles, a corresponding online quiz and a course evaluation.
All course content will be presented to you electronically upon completion of your purchase. This includes all viewing and reading material, quizzes, and certificates (certificates awarded upon successful completion of the quizzes).
Available ACSM CECs 6.0
Learning Objectives for the ACSM/EC Autism Exercise Specialist:
- use standard health assessment tools and when available, school-based or private assessments, to develop the foundation of client's exercise program
- develop exercise programs and demonstrate exercises by applying evidence-based teaching strategies for those with autism
- lead and motivate individuals in both an individual and group setting
- use various instructional (e.g., visual supports, videos, technology) strategies to promote physical activity
- create a positive exercise experience and enhance social skills
- communicate to autism parents, special educators and other professionals the value of exercise for the autism community
Purchase and earn CECs
Heart Rate Monitoring Assessment