Go to the easier process now
Below was the process for 2018 and earlier.
As a health fitness professional, we know how important it is for your career to stay up-to-date - whether it's keeping up with the latest exercise discoveries, stretching yourself to learn new skills for your clients, or even adding a new specialty to your repertoire.
Keeping your ACSM certification active is an important part of being the gold standard of your industry. And, renewing your ACSM certification is quick and easy. Here's what you need:
- Double-check the Continuing Education Credits (CECs) needed to renew your certification. Need a few more? Check out our Continuing Education site.
- A current CPR Certification.
- Recertification fee
To renew your certification online, please visit www.acsm.org and follow the below instructions. You also have the option of submitting the paper form by mail, email or fax.
- Click this box:
- Enter your username and password. If you haven't created a unique username and password for your ACSM account, your default username and password will be the first three letters of your last name and your ACSM ID number (e.g. - ABC123456), and your password will be your ACSM ID number (e.g. - 123456). If you do not know your username and login DO NOT create one. (This is very important as creating a new profile will not allow you to recertify within that profile and result in multiple profiles.) Click the Forgot Password link and reset your password. Passwords must be at least 7 characters in length and must include at least 1 letter and at least 1 number. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues.
- Once you are signed in, you will see your name underlined on the right-hand side. Click your name.
- Click My Certifications:
- You should see your certification listed here. Click Renew Now.
- Please verify that your name, mailing address and email address are current at the top of the renewal form. If not, please exit the form and click the About Me tab to update. If your contact information is correct, proceed to enter the number of CECs you have earned. Be sure you enter the minimum amount required for your certification or you will not be able to proceed.
- Click the box to attest that your CPR is current and the CECs you claimed above are true.
- Click the certification renewal fee box to add it to your cart.
- Add it to your cart and submit your order.
- Enter your payment information and submit your order.
- Print or save your confirmation page for your records.
- You will receive a new certificate and wallet card in the mail. Please keep your CEC documentation just in case you are chosen in a random audit.