ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
is the flagship title from the American College of Sports Medicine, the prestigious organization that sets the standards for the exercise profession. This critical handbook delivers scientifically based standards
on exercise testing and prescription to the certification candidate, the professional, and the student. This manual gives succinct summaries of recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased patients.
The eleventh edition offers several innovations.
chapter focused on the role of exercise in conditions that impact the brain
includes conditions previously covered, as well as conditions not previously included, such as Alzheimer’s, autism, depression and anxiety. The most recent guidelines and recommendations available from ACSM position stands and other relevant professional organizations’ scientific statements, including the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
, has been integrated, making this text the most current, primary resource for exercise testing and prescription. Revised appendices include need-to-know information on metabolic equations, ECGs, medication and ACSM certifications
This manual is a must-have resource for all exercise professionals, as well as other health professionals who may counsel patients on exercise (i.e.
, physicians, nurses, physician’s assistants, physical and occupational therapists, dietitians, and health care administrators).
11th Edition Update | Brain-Related Conditions
- Read a Q&A with the eleventh edition Senior Editor Dr. Gary Liguori here
- Review this at-a-glance Summary of Significant Revisions/Editions
from the 10th to 11th edition
- Faculty adopting the text for their courses can request supporting resources
- An easy-to-read infographic on the ACSM Exercise Preparticipation Health Screening Recommendations can be found here
- Learn how to apply the ACSM Exercise Preparticipation Health Screening algorithm in the video found here
Purchase From Our Publisher