ACSM's Exercise Preparticipation Health Screening
Download the ACSM Prescreening Chart (aka Risk Stratification, aka Risk Classification).
As of November 2015, ACSM's exercise preparticipation health screening process has been updated.
With these new guidelines, the objectives are to eliminate unnecessary barriers for an individual to begin and maintain a regular exercise program, and encourage healthy lifestyles through habitual physical activity.
The attached infographic is designed to help better understand the process.
Download More Popular Resources
ACSM Guidelines for Strength Training | Infographic
ACSM is grateful for the expertise of our Preparticipation Health Screening roundtable participants:
- David M. Buchner, M.D., M.P.H., FACSM
- JoAnn Eickhoff-Shemek, Ph.D.
- Carol Ewing Garber, Ph.D., FACSM
- Barry A. Franklin, Ph.D., FACSM
- Adrian Hutber, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth A. Joy, M.D., M.P.H., FACSM
- Gary Liguori, Ph.D., FACSM
- Meir Magal, Ph.D., FACSM
- Linda S. Pescatello, Ph.D., FACSM
- Deborah Riebe, Ph.D., FACSM
- Thomas Spring, M.S.
- Paul D. Thompson, M.D., FACSM
- Darren E.R. Warburton, Ph.D.
- Geoffrey P. Whitfield, Ph.D.
- Walter R. Thompson, Ph.D., FACSM